The Secure Home (3rd edition, softcover, 674 pages) by Joel M. Skousen will help you answer this very pressing question. More importantly he provides the answers in this detailed book.
Securing your home and protecting your family requires more than simply installing solid door locks and a security system. Unfortunately most people do not discover this fact until after disaster strikes.
To illustrate, take the following quiz about the security of your home:
1. How would you keep your house from freezing in the winter if electricity were unavailable for a long period of time? Do you have some type of wood burning heater? What about hot water?
2. Do you have back-up cooking facilities if an earthquake made natural gas unavailable for a month or two? Could you heat hot water?
3. What if you lose both electricity and gas?
4. Would you be willing to rely on batteries and candles for illumination if a major power outage lasted more than a week?
5. Do you have extra tanks of potable water should public water supplies be cut off or contaminated? Would you know how to collect and filter your own water if none was available for a long time?
6. If a winter storm damaged windows in your home, would you have sufficient plastic sheeting and repair materials to quickly enclose the open areas to retain heat?
If you answered "No" to any one of the above questions, your home is NOT secured, and your family is NOT protected. The Secure Home will provide you with detailed explanations on how to prepare and secure your residence for both short and long term emergencies.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using this product.|
Supplement & Food Product Disclaimer: Infowars thanks you for your support of the operation. As always, we offer what we have researched and believe to be the highest quality selection of products for you and your family that have been developed along with the advisory of top doctors and experts. It is important to do your own research and consult with a qualified healthcare provider or doctor to decide what is best for you. We also know that everyone's bodies are different, and it is essential to consult with a qualified health care professional before taking products offered on this website. The information on this website is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a doctor or qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice. And by purchasing any item from this store, you agree to these terms and conditions as well as understand that by using these products you are agreeing to abide by this contract. Infowars Life is not held responsible for the irresponsible use of this product.
International Shipping Disclaimer: Please check with your country's customs office regarding the import of the products you wish to order. As the buyer, you are responsible for any import restrictions, prohibited import items, taxes, tariffs, fees and other duties. If an order is refused delivery by customs due to unauthorized contents, INFOWARS SHOP is not responsible for any losses or cost incurred by you, the customer. International customers are solely responsible for any additional taxes, levies, duties, fees, and/or tariffs.